Beetroot risotto with Palmito
- 3 medium beets
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 shallow spoon (soup) of butter
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 350g risotto rice (Carnarolli or Arboreal)
- 150ml of dry white wine
- 1l of vegetable broth
- 100g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar Induspar Palmito
- Salt and pepper – Herbs to taste (thyme, rosemary, basil)
Method of preparation
- Cook the beets in water. Save cooking water to use as a vegetable broth.
- Remove the beets from the water and blend in a blender with salt, black pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and dried herbs, until it is pureed.
- Heat a pan with a thick bottom with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter until heated.
- Add the chopped garlic, the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, mix well and cook until the rice is transparent.
- Add the wine, stir well and cook over medium / low heat for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock (one ladle at a time), stirring constantly.
- Repeat this process whenever the previous shell is completely absorbed, up to a total of 15 minutes. Just add the broth needed for the risotto to be al dente.
- Remove from heat, add the beetroot to the risotto until well incorporated.
- Add the chopped hearts of palm, the grated parmesan, a spoon of butter, salt (if necessary), black pepper and mix very well.
- Cover the pan and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Place on a serving plate and distribute. Serve immediately.